Friday, March 8, 2013

Foodie Friday Ombré Cake

More details to come but I baked a SEVEN LAYER blue ombré cake for the shower tomorrow. It's about 10 inches tall!

I used this tutorial to bake the cake layers but I obviously did blue instead of pink. ttp://www.eddieross.com/eddie_ross/2012/02/pink-ombre-cake.html

Can't wait to cut into it! Shower photos and details to come after the event.
Have a great weekend everyone!










Here's how it looked when we cut into it! I made sure to put the cut tops together when stacking the layers to reduce the brown "seams" from making too big of an impact on the colors. I think it turned out great and it tasted amazing. Every lady at the shower had a slice which in a group of ladies is quite a feat! This was a yummy idea that I definitely recommend for any celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment