Friday, March 1, 2013

Foodie Friday: Banana Cornmeal Muffins


This week I wanted to bake something simple and satisfying so I came up with my own twist on cornbread. When I think cornbread, I always rely on my old friend Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix since I grew up on that stuff. Some foodies have a serious dislike of Jiffy mix but I'm a busy mom to a toddler so using a simple mix in my recipes is something that I really appreciate.

Banana Cornmeal Muffins

Ingredients & Tools:
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Egg
Banana
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon water
Non-stick spray or Misto with olive oil
Muffin pan
12 muffin liners

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Mix egg, yogurt and banana, mashing banana into the mixture.

3. Add Jiffy mix and if the batter is thicker than pancake mix, add the tablespoon of water.

4. Spray 12 muffin liners in pan (I use my Misto sprayer to use olive oil on the liners.

5. Add one heaping spoon of mixture to each muffin; divide any excess among muffins.

6. Bake for 14-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment