Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkin Coffee Cake

We went for a good early morning walk at the Mall of America today as a family :) before the stores opened! Fun right? When we got home I settled into a crock pot freezer prep fest and got a little baking done too.

The baking went wonderfully! I made the Six Sisters' Pumpkin Coffee Cake that I had found on a blog that I read occasionally, 5th Belle Avenue. It was so easy to make and I can't wait to find out how much Jim's co-workers enjoy them.

Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze

Ingredients:
COFFEE CAKE-

1/3 cup water
1 (15 ounce) can pureed pumpkin (not pie filling)
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 teaspoon baking soda





BROWN SUGAR GLAZE-

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
4 tablespoons butter, melted










Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, mix water, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix in the yellow cake mix (just the dry mix, not the ingredients listed on the box) and baking soda and mix until combined. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the cake.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Serve your cake warm or cooled to room temperature.

I LOVE to bake but this is the first sweet recipe that I have made in the last nine months since I have terrible will-power as far as having baked goodies around the house. Like I said above, these are going to work with the hubby tomorrow so I only had one (DELISH!) and I'm happy to sweeten the Monday of others. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment