Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Crock Pot Freezer Meals

Ok, I've pinned more recipes on Pinterest.... I know that this is super uninteresting to some of you but these are cool and a different concept so I have to mention it.
So the concept is that you prep a bunch of meals all in one day and then you freeze everything into separate gallon-sized freezer bags. The day before you want to make any frozen bag, you just move it to the fridge to thaw a bit and then throw it in the crock pot the next day. The payoff is that you can have yummy meals with zero day of prep (other than dumping a bag into your crock pot and setting it to cook) and the more you prep at one time, the more overall time you save.
Last Wednesday I went ahead and prepped for 4 different recipes and each one created two gallon sized bag meals. It took me a little over an hour to prep everything but divided up between the 8 meals that I made it was really not bad at all. I loved that I could chop garlic and onions all at once to streamline the overall prep and add in frozen chicken breasts all in one swoop, etc.
We've only eaten 3 of the meals so far but they have all been awesome so I would highly recommend them!
Hawaiian Chicken sandwiches (or lettuce wraps!) & Scalloped Potatoes with Turkey Ham
The only meal we haven't tried yet is the scalloped potatoes but everything has been so awesome so I'm sure it will turn out great!
One of my sweet sister-in-laws sent me a link for other crock pot meals yesterday (she tried the stroganoff and recommends it) so I'm going to try to adapt a few of them for freezing also!  Here's the link- http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/126473/7_crock_pot_recipes_that
Here's a look at the Thai Pork... so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment