Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dining Dreams.... A Banquette?

I've been desiring a banquette for a dining area for years.... like even in high school I loved them (and that was decade ago). A booth in a retro (but updated) kitchen would be a DREAM but a banquette is the closest second place and so there in lies my current dining area desire.
In our current home, we have a smallish dining nook in/off of our galley'ish kitchen. The space is a small rectangle and we have a lovely round pedestal table with a leaf extension that my parents gave us (they have the same one at their house). I love that a banquette would fit back into the nook and open up the walkway around our table into our kitchen from the front door.
**I've included a very 'before' photo below and this first one is a more updated look from this last March. The only thing we've changed since March was that I dyed the white chair covers to a mocha color which is better but not great.


Ballard Designs makes a few different styles of banquettes in various sizes to suit your space. I've found one that I adore so now I need to run it by Jim. ;)
Here's the one that I really like http://www.ballarddesigns.com/tribeca-3-piece-sectional/benches/tribeca-collection/203740?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=0 in the indoor/outdoor fabric Mazarin taupe Sunbrella so that it's totally durable, wipeable and will withstand kiddos and pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment