Monday, January 7, 2013

Oh Baby TWO!

We are so extremely excited to share that we are expecting our second child around July 8th!! I'm currently 14 weeks and out of the first trimester so I thought this would be the perfect week to come out of online hiding and start weekly updates.



How far along? 14 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I don't think that I've gained more than maybe a pound so far. I'm really trying to keep to as clean and healthy a diet as possible this time around since I gained a lot when pregnant with Hadley and it wasn't fun to lose it once she was here.


Maternity clothes? All of my regular pants still fit but BARELY! I have bought one pair of maternity skinny jeans since all of my pants and jeans from when I was pregnant with Hadley are too big since I was heavier. I will likely need to start wearing them full time really soon since the buttons on my regular jeans/pants are just hitting in a really uncomfortable spot right now.

Stretch marks? No new ones but Hadley gave me quite a few so I'm by no means genetically lucky that way. 


Symptoms:  I am feeling pretty good. Nausea is slowly improving but car sickness is still in full force. It's totally worth it to live with any symptoms though so no complaints here.

Sleep: I have been waking up at 3:30 a.m. nearly every morning and struggling to fall back asleep. I hope to get a maternity Snoogle pillow soon.

Best moment this week:
Announcing our pregnancy to friends and family both in person and then on Facebook. It's so nice to not have to keep a secret anymore!!

Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Not yet :)

Movement: Not yet


Food cravings: Indian, Chik-fil-A, pizza

Anything making you queasy or sick: Raw meat is not my friend right now and potato chips are seriously gag worthy.


Have you started to show yet:  My stomach continues to fluctuate in size. I still have days where I don't think that I look pregnant at all and other days I say to myself, wow, this belly really IS growing. 


Baby is a: ??? We will find out in February!

Belly Button in or out? Still in.


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Our anatomy scan when I'm 20 weeks. We continue to pray for a healthy baby.


I'm working on getting a weekly picture with Hadley but she doesn't always want to cooperate so we will have some tearful shots and that's completely okay. We will laugh about it when she's older. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment