Friday, February 8, 2013

Foodie Friday Returns: Cranberry Almond Chicken Pasta Salad

So hallelujah I can finally cook again (most days the morning sickness is gone!) which means I can return to sharing favorite new recipes on Friday. Today I want to share my new favorite pasta salad. I know, it's the middle of winter(!) but I really needed a pick-me-up so I went with it.

Cranberry Almond Chicken Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
2 cups Greek yogurt
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil based mayo
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
2 tablespoons water
2 chicken breasts, boiled & cubed
1/2 sweet vidalia onion chopped finely
1 cup craisans (dried cranberries)
2/3 cup sliced almonds (from baking aisle)
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 pound box of rotini pasta, prepared & cooled
OPTIONAL-
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 teaspoons salt

Directions:
1) Prep dressing by mixing together the first 5 ingredients.
2) Once cooled, add dressing to prepped pasta and chicken.
3) Add onion, craisans, almonds and black pepper. Stir until everything is coated. Chill until serving in the fridge.
ENJOY!

I'm off to a Kindermusik class with Hadley this morning then we're having lunch out with Jim so we've got to run. Have a great weekend everyone! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment