Monday, September 30, 2013

Baby allergies and my September update

I never knew much about breastfeeding allergic reactions in babies until McCallen showed what our pediatrician called classic signs of allergies. Yes, baby girl is allergic to many of the {normal} things that I was eating. For the last few weeks, I haven't eaten any trace of dairy, soy, gluten or nuts. If you have wondered what's going on with me, I've been working hard to stay fed and in turn feed te baby on a totally modified diet. I am trying to come up with some fun recipes to share in case other moms with MPSI (milk protein, soy intolerant) babies need ideas.
The girls are otherwise doing great. Hadley loves school and her teacher, Lisa. She has begun drinking out of regular cups instead of sippy cups and she isn't sitting in the high chair very often anymore. All of her fall clothes are 4T(!) so basically she is an adorable and very tall little girl. :)
McCallen has started to giggle which is so sweet. Her neck is strong, so she has much better head control compared to a few weeks ago. She is fitting into 3-6 month clothes and her hair color and eye color are both changing from what they were when she was born. It will be interesting to see how much she and Hadley end up looking like each other.
I know most of you come for photo updates so here you go!

We are enjoying this last, very warm September day and hope that the beginning of fall is going well for everyone in the blogosphere. Until next time, stay classy! ;)














No comments:

Post a Comment